What is adult day care?
Adult day services are coordinated programs of professional services for adults aged 60 and older in a community-based group setting. Services are designed to provide social and some health services to adults who need supervised care in a safe place outside of the home during the day.
Our program provides an extraordinary range of service designed to:
- Improve the quality of life of individuals with functional impairment
- Promote Nutrition
- Improve functional abilities
- Improve the quality of life
- Provide respite for caregivers and clients
- Increase self-esteem
- Increase verbal ability
- Minimize troublesome behaviors
- Increase mobility
- Decrease isolation and loneliness
- Provide a community-based alternative to institutionalization
- Personalized Care Plans
- Healthcare Monitoring
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks
- Nursing and Nutritional Counseling
- Amenities Provided
- Arts and Crafts Room
- Outdoor Courtyard Area
- Dining Area
- Chair Massages
Who is an ideal candidate for adult day care?
- Elderly individuals aged 60 and above
- Elderly individuals who are left alone at home
- Elderly individuals who need activities or socialization
- Elderly individuals who need assistance with meal preparation
- Elderly individuals who need help with medication management
Learn more about our Adult Day Care Eligibility.
Principles of Care
Although each adult day program is unique, the following principles of care form the foundation of the services offered at our Adult Day Care Center:
- Respect is the cornerstone of all supportive and therapeutic relationships.
- Communication is the basis for creating a caring environment.
- Routine is important for the participant
- Sufficient flexibility to accommodate participants is essential.